How to Transfer on a Polycom (VVX) pre-5.4.3
Once on an active call, there are two options to transfer: a Consultative (warm) transfer or Blind transfer.
How to execute a Consultative (warm) transfer?
Consultative (warm) transfer allows you to talk to the person who will be receiving the transfer before passing the call through to ensure the person receiving the call is ready to talk.
- During the call, press the Transfer button, or the Transfer softkey (they do the same thing). The caller will automatically be placed on hold.
- Dial the recipient.
- When the recipient answers, announce the caller (if the calling party is not available, press the Cancel soft key to return to the original caller).
- Press the Transfer button, or the Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
How to execute a Blind transfer?
A blind transfer allows you to send a call to an alternate extension or phone number without waiting for an answer or confirming the availability of the receiving party.
- During a call, press the Transfer button or the Transfer soft key (they do the same thing). Press Blind softkey.
- Dial the desired number.
- Press the Send soft key. The call is now transferred.
How to Transfer on a Polycom (VVX) 5.4.3 or later
During the call, do one of the following:
- Press Transfer button or the Transfer soft key to use the default (warm) transfer type.
- Press and hold Transfer button or Transfer soft key and select a transfer type (Consultative or Blind).
Direct to Voicemail Transfer
You can transfer a call directly into the voicemail of another extension. Depending on your firmware version from above will determine your transfer setup.
- Press Transfer, navigate to the Blind Transfer option
- Dial the recipient’s mailbox number plus * (example: 400*)
- Press Send