Call Blocking allows you to block phone numbers from being dialed within the Hosted PBX, or from calling into the Hosted PBX. The system automatically blocks all 900 numbers from the Hosted PBX, and specific numbers can be manually blocked, both incoming or outgoing.
The Call Blocking screen lets you search, create, edit and delete blocked numbers (also referred to as Call Blocks).
Searching for a Blocked Number
Use the Search feature to locate a blocked number.
1. Enter the full phone number in the Search box.
2.Click the Search button. The matching results will be displayed in the list.
NOTE: To Clear the Search Results, Click x in the Search box.
Creating a New Call Block
- Click the New Call Block button. The Call Blocking Detail screen will display.
- Enter the full telephone number (including area code) to be blocked.
- Click the Direction dropdown list and select Inbound or Outbound:
- Inbound – the outside caller will hear a busy signal.
- Outbound – the Play dropdown list will appear below.
- Choose what the caller will hear when a blocked number is dialed:
- Busy – a busy signal
- Play Message – a prerecorded system message stating that the number has been blocked.
4.Optional: Add a comment in the Comment field to indicate why the number is blocked, to whom the number belongs, etc.
5.Click the Save button when you are finished.
Editing a Call Block
1.From the Call Blocking screen, click the Phone Number or the View/Edit link. The Call Blocking Detail screen will display.
2.Make the necessary changes to any of the fields on the screen.
3.Click the Save button when you are finished.
Deleting a Call Block
4.From the Call Blocking screen, click the Phone Number or the View/Edit link.
The Call Blocking Detail screen displays.
5.Click the Delete button.